FOSDEM 2016 – Distributions Devroom Call for Participation
The FOSDEM Distro Devroom will take place 30 & 31 January, 2016 at FOSDEM, in room K.4.201 at Université Libre de Bruxelles, in Brussels, Belgium.
As Linux distributions converge on similar tools, the problem space overlapping different distributions is growing. This standardization across the distributions presents an opportunity to develop generic solutions to the problems of aggregating, building, and maintaining the pieces that go into a distribution.
We welcome submissions targeted at developers interested in issues unique to
distributions, especially in the following topics:
- Cross-distribution collaboration issues, eg: content distribution and documentation
- Vendor relationships (eg. cloud providers, non-commodity hardware vendors etc )
- Future of distributions, emerging trends, evolving user demands of a platform
- User experience management ( onboarding new users, facilitating technical growth, user to contribution transitions etc )
- Building trust and code relationships with the upstream components of a distribution
- Solving problems like package and content management (rpm/dpkg/ostree/coreos)
- Contributor resource management, centralised trust management, key trust etc
- Integration technologies like installers, deployment facilitation ( eg. cloud contextualisation )
Submissions may be in the form of 30-55 minute talks, panel sessions, round-table discussions, Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions or lightning talks.
- Submission Deadline: 10th Dec 2015
- Acceptance Notification: 15th Dec 2015
- Final Schedule Posted: 17th Dec 2015
How to submit
- If you do not have an account, create one here
- Click ‘Create Event’
- Enter your presentation details
- Be sure to select the Distributions Devroom track!
What to include
- The title of your submission
- 1-paragraph Abstract
- Longer description, including the benefit of your talk to your target audience
- Approximate length / type of submission (talk, BoF, …)
- Links to related websites/blogs/talk material (if any)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the devroom organizers:
distributions-devroom at lists.fosdem.org
This message brought to you by
The post FOSDEM 2016 Distro Devroom: Call for Participation appeared first on Fedora Community Blog.